We like growing 2 things,
potatoes and talent.
We are always on the lookout to expand our team. Employees will work closely together to ensure all areas of the business run effectively and efficiently.
Available Job Listings:
PART TIME PRODUCTION STAFF
Type: Full time, Permanent
Based in Craigavon, Co. Armagh, Wilson’s Country Ltd specialises in pre-packed, peeled and cooked prepared potatoes. We supply food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with a range of products, offering quality, taste, full traceability and value for money.
Duties will be based around producing and packing potato products and will include the following examples, although this is not an exhaustive list:
- Packing (e.g. filling crates or boxes, filling outer bags, stacking filled bags/crates/boxes onto pallets, weighing, sealing, sleeving packs);
- Operating machinery and using equipment (e.g. packing equipment, bag stitchers etc);
- Quality grading;
- Preparing potato products (e.g. removing peel, mixing ingredients, cooking);
- Cleaning, maintaining a tidy and hygienic work area and company premises;
- Working safely and maintaining a safe work area;
- Following food safety and health and safety policies and practices;
- Working efficiently and in support of production targets and quality standards;
- Opportunities to train in other associated production activities may also be available.
This role involves extensive manual handling activities.
Applicants must have a flexible approach to job description, as duties will vary in accordance with operational requirements and individual skills.
Hours of work:
Hours of work will be 8 hours per week (every Saturday) but additional hours may be available on a part-time basis and will increase to up to 40 hours per week during seasonal holiday times (e.g. Summer, Christmas, Easter).
- Have a good general awareness of food hygiene, health and safety and quality aspects;
- Be able to work on their own initiative, with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team;
- Must have a flexible approach to job description and working hours;
- Be able to demonstrate communication and numeracy skills which meet the requirements of the job in full.
Relevant experience gained in a food preparation and/or food production environment would be preferable.
Ideally, we are looking for people who have an interest and show potential to multi-skill and progress within the business.
Wilson’s Country Ltd reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria at short listing stage if necessary.
Apply for this position
To apply for this job click the link below.Apply Now