We like growing 2 things,
potatoes and talent.
We are always on the lookout to expand our team. Employees will work closely together to ensure all areas of the business run effectively and efficiently.
Available Job Listings:
Full-Time Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Salary: Not disclosed
Type: Full time, Permanent
Based in Craigavon, Co. Armagh, Wilson’s Country Ltd specialises in pre-packed, peeled and cooked prepared potatoes. We supply food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with a range of products, offering quality, taste, full traceability and value for money.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our small maintenance team, servicing our food production facility. The role will predominantly involve electrical engineering although it is a multiskilled role which will also require some mechanical knowledge.
Activities will include the following, although this is not an exhaustive list:
- Attend breakdowns to identify and repair faults, working to minimise down time and keep production running;
- Carry out preventative and reactive maintenance activities;
- Provide technical expertise on preventative and reactive maintenance duties;
- Assist with the installation of any new equipment and machinery;
- Provide technical assistance to other departments on machine capabilities;
- Source, order and collect parts;
- Maintain maintenance records;
- Comply with health and safety and food safety procedures to ensure all duties are executed in a safe manner;
- Any other duties which may be required to ensure the efficient running of the factory.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time role and working hours will be based on working 5 days out of 6, Monday to Saturday (Day shift). Regular Saturday work will be required.
Work pattern will generally be 6am – 3pm or 8am – 5pm, although given the nature of the industry a flexible aproach will be required.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant electrical engineering or electrical maintenance experience gained in a production environment, preferably food production;
- Holds relevant electrical engineering (or similar) qualifications;
- Holds a full driving licence (or has access to a suitable form of transport which meets job requirements in full);
- Can demonstrate good communication skills which meet the requirements of the job in full;
- Has a good general awareness of food hygiene and health and safety;
- Has the ability to work on their own initiative, with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team;
- Has a flexible approach to working hours.
- Relevant mechanical engineering experience would be an advantage.
We reserve the right to enhance the selection criteria at short listing stage if necessary.
Applications must be received by: 4.30pm, Friday 16th November 2018.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this position
To apply for this job click the link below.Apply Now