We like growing two things,
potatoes and talent.
We are always on the lookout to expand our team. Employees will work closely together to ensure all areas of the business run effectively and efficiently.
Available Job Listings:
Full Time Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: Not disclosed
Type: Permanent Full Time
Based in Craigavon, Co. Armagh, Wilson’s Country Ltd specialises in pre-packed, peeled and cooked prepared potatoes. We supply food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with a range of products, offering quality, taste, full traceability and value for money.
We are looking for someone to assist our Technical Manager in the day to day management of the Quality Assurance function. Activities involved are wide ranging and will include all aspects of our Quality System.
Key accountabilities will include:
Quality Assurance Management
• Deputise in the absence of the Technical Manager
• Actively participate in external audits and close out any non-conformances
• Carry out training as required, implementing procedures and key information required
• Manage the internal audit system, completing audits to schedule and ensuring corrective actions are closed out
• Management of complaints and trending
• Compiling of key data for management and customer KPI reports as required
• Manage a QA team, to ensure correct level of staffing, workload and work output
• To assist with legal compliance in operations and packaging approval
• Specification management / input
• Manage factory GMP standards, through QA Team and to participate as part of auditing team
• Assist with the management of site pest control and hygiene standards
• Drive factory improvement through root cause analysis and effective closure of actions
• Actively participate in the HACCP team
• Effectively implement specifications and review as necessary.
• Manage quality measurement (e.g. cooking, product benchmarking, customer complaints)
• Monitor and report on quality (e.g. finished pack, incoming raw material and benchmark comparisons)
• Assist with quality and food safety decisions based on sound risk assessment
• Monitor and report on failures concerning finished pack quality
• Coordinating samples for analysis
• Ensure relevant industry and customer standards are fully implemented and maintained within the business, monitor and report on KPI’s.
Assistance with the following activities will also be required for a limited time:
• Carry out continuous improvement trials, including trial planning and samples;
• Maintain customer specification process;
• Participate in new product development and factory trial planning;
• Manage internal (systems) auditing.
After initial training, this role will involve a significant degree of autonomy and working with minimum supervision, although support will be available.
Hours of work:
Working hours amount to 40 hours per week, over 5 days, on our site which operates Monday to Saturday, 8am-5pm. Some Saturday work will be required
Ideally we are looking for someone who has
- Has a degree level qualification;
- Has a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a Technical and/or Quality Assurance capacity gained in a food manufacturing/food production environment;
- Has a good working knowledge of the BRC Global Standard for Food;
- Can demonstrate sound technical auditing skills, experience in HACCP and Quality Management Systems, with the ability to analyse and present data;
- Has a practical approach and the ability to effectively carry out operational activities;
- Can demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and a diplomatic approach to problem solving;
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, work pro-actively and accurately, paying attention to detail;
- Has previously managed/supervised a team;
- Is I.T. competent in Microsoft Office.
Ideally, the post holder will have:
- A HACCP qualification;
- An internal audit qualification;
- Level 3 food safety or equivalent;
- Previous experience in dealing with customers;
- Some knowledge of the produce industry;
- A working knowledge of retailer and environmental audits;
- Experience of continuous improvement and co-ordinating factory trials.
Wilson’s Country Ltd reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria at short listing stage if necessary.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward your CV and monitoring form by clicking on the APPLY NOW button in right hand panel.
Please note that by applying for a job you are agreeing to take part in our recruitment process, which will involve our processing of your personal data in accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this position
To apply for this job click the link below.Apply Now